Studying affixes is part of building strong morphological understanding of the English language. It is part of building a solid reading foundation.
The Literacy Nest is the decodable text source for a wide variety of text to support your students with a systematic, sequential progression. This resource introduces the 20 most common suffixes in the English language. Activities in this suffix pack are focused on studying these suffixes.
Please preview before downloading!
- What is a Suffix? Mini Poster
- Spelling Rule Posters for spelling words with suffixes
- Brief Introduction to Greek and Latin connectives with suffixes
- Definition Cards for most common suffixes in English Language (display in pocket chart)
- Suffix Sliders to practice manipulating different root or base words to read with a particular suffix
- 20 Word Lists and Decodable Stories with comprehension questions to introduce new vocabulary and practice fluency
- Brief Comprehension Question with each Word List
- Puzzle Pieces for reading words with suffixes or as a matching game
- Tree Diagrams for related words with same suffix to lead discussion on root or base words
- Pictures and Sentences for illustrating new vocabulary and written expression practice
- Word Analysis to introduce new suffix or as review (use guiding questions to encourage critical thinking about affixes, roots, and base words)
- Matching for extra practice (includes answer key)
- Vocabulary Discussion Questions for language building, listening comprehension, and communication
- Matching Cards and Roll-a-Suffix Games for review
- File Folder Envelopes to create prefix file folders
s, es, ed, ing, ly, er, ion/tion, ible/able, al, y, ness, ty, ment, ic, ous, en, ive, ful, less, est
This resource is included in The Complete O.G. Part Two.
Try decodable reading passages for free!
Introduce your students to more for additional practice.
Need more Virtual Learning Activities? Browse the of my store.
Check out more !
--About The Literacy Nest, LLC--
The Literacy Nest, LLC creates multisensory activities to use with reading intervention for struggling readers. Many of these dyslexia resources can be used as dyslexia activities, dyslexia strategies, or to support an Orton-Gillingham program or dyslexia intervention program. These Orton-Gillingham activities can be used in 1:1 support, small group, or even whole class settings. Thank you for checking my store for Orton-Gillingham based resources! Follow my store by clicking the green star next to my name so you don’t miss out on any new products, freebies, or sales!
Please leave feedback on your purchases to obtain credits for future purchases. Don’t hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns before rating products.
Thank you so much for choosing The Literacy Nest, LLC for your classroom and homeschooling needs!