22 Slides of vivid color photographs of mosques from around the world with descriptions and purposes of the features of mosques.
* Slideshow with 12 pages of vivid color photographs of mosques around the world
* Slideshow images of 10 mosques to review student understanding
* Notes for teachers to use as they share the slideshow with facts about the features of a mosque
* Note page for students to use to take notes
* Completed note page to match student note page (can be used to provide notes for absent students or students who receive a ‘copy of notes’ per special education accommodations)
* Blank quiz/game page with space for students to write their observations of the 10 mosques for review (could be copied on the back of the note page or as a separate handout)
* Completed quiz/ game page with sample responses
* Page of tips for teaching students about religion
This product assumes that students have been exposed to Islam as a monotheistic religion, but does not rely on additional background knowledge about Islam. You can use this slideshow to explore architecture, religion, world cultures, and/or history.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Middle East Mapping (make a political map and a physical map of the Middle East)
5 Pillars of Islam: Learning about Islam (color photos, using primary sources)