This reading and activity guide provides a full 3 to 5 day unit for reading and exploring Richard Connell's iconic short story, "The Most Dangerous Game."
In this package, you will find lesson plans, vocabulary activities, assessments, before/during/after reading discussion questions and activities, and writing prompts.
Resources and activities include:
- About the Author – background on author Richard Connell for students
- Comprehension and Analysis Question Bank – 20 selected response questions, separated by DOK levels (I, II, and III)
- Figurative Language Question Bank – 23 figurative language questions taken from the text, separated by DOK level (I, II, III, and IV)
- 6 Writing prompts (2 argumentative, 2 expository, 2 narrative)
- Suggested Rubrics for writing prompts
- Philosophical Chairs Activity Organizer and Questions
- Two Selected Response Assessments - Differentiated for "on-level" and "accelerated" (questions taken from comprehension and figurative language banks)
- Teacher Guide to resources, lesson plans, and activities
- Suggested Lesson plans (written using 8th grade CC standards, but scaled for HS)
- Vocabulary Packet including selected vocabulary from the text, vocabulary activities and assessments
- Full Annotated Text – Annotated text of the story (available for free on my TPT site; story is in public domain)
- MDG Prezi – Prezi for use during “Before Reading” activities, philosophical chairs and story background (available for free on my TPT site)