Most Dangerous Game and The Sniper Short Story Bundle
This is a bundle of lesson resources which combines two of my most popular short story bundles from Elements of Literature Third Course, The Most Dangerous Game and The Sniper. It includes
Most Dangerous Game Short Story Bundle
This is a 32 page bundle of worksheets and other resources designed to be used with the Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell. It contains,
1) Questions related to events and quotes from the story
2) Activities related to symbolism, irony, and foreshadowing
3) Answer sheets for all activities
4) A writing activity where students write, "The Most Dangerous Game 2," a sequel to the story
5) A Role-play activity where the students put Rainsford on trial for the murders
of Zaroff, Ivan, and the faithful pup,Lazarus.
6) A short answer quiz on the story.
7) Three Comprehensive vocabulary activities
The Sniper Short Story Bundle
This is a jam-packed lesson bundle for the short story, The Sniper, by Liam O'Flaherty. It has a 22 page lesson packet, two power points, and a crossword puzzle
This is one of my best sellers and contains,
1) Questions for comprehension and Analysis with answer sheets
2) A Figurative Language Lesson with, a "Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt," Graphic Organizer
3) A Second, "Active Reading, graphic organizer for find sensory detail in the story
4) Figurative Language test with answer sheet
5) A vocabulary activity for, "Finding meaning through context"
6) A lesson plan and related power point that introduces a letter writing activity, "Writing a letter to the Sniper's mom. Students jettison themselves into the boots of the Sniper and are asked to write a letter to mom explaining why they have killed their own brother.
7) A power point presentation which focuses on writing essay questions using the story. It takes the students through all of the steps of writing essay questions and is an excellent springboard that gives a solid foundation into writing formal essays.
8) A revised Sniper story crossword puzzle which focuses on events and key vocabulary in the story.
This lesson bundle will entertain and give your students hours of meaningful instruction without straining your budget. I think you will really like it.