Also included in
- Want to save $$ on our read-alouds? We have bundled the perfect set of titles for building good, strong character in your students.This printable or digital read-aloud pack includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response-to-text writing activities, a craftivi$12.50$20.00Save $7.50
Perfect for your blended or hybrid learning model!
This digital or printable read-aloud pack includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response to text writing activities including a craftivity, and detailed lesson plans to help you meet several core standards while maintaining your tradition of reading aloud for pleasure. You will guide students to use evidence from the text to deepen their understanding of the story and respond in meaningful ways.
These lesson plans will guide you through 3-5 interactive reading lessons. Each day students will interact with the book for a different purpose and then complete a corresponding activity. These activities are perfect to help teach growth mindset and overcoming problems.
- Detailed Lesson Plans with Examples
- Text Dependent Questions and Answer Keys
- Character's Response to Events Graphic Organizers
- Point of View Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizers
- Facing Challenges Head On Response Pages
- Craftivity Instructions and Patterns
- Bulletin Board Title
- Digital Graphic Organizers compatible with Google Slides
- Digital Comprehension Quiz compatible with Google Forms
To teach these lessons you will need the book:
The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires
This read-aloud is also available for 1st and 2nd grade.
Do you love reading aloud to your upper elementary students? We do too! It is one of our favorite times of the day.
Visit our blog here to find out more about how to teach the Core one read-aloud at a time and to read more about our daily close reading lesson plans.
Our interactive read-aloud titles for upper grades are a growing series. Find all of our new titles in our custom category: Upper Grade Read-Alouds.
We'd love to know which titles you would love to see next or to hear what you think! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase.
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our blog!