Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.66 MB | 30 pages
The foundation to getting through to students.
Getting students to do anything is a difficult task in itself!
Getting them to PASS a state assessment is far beyond difficult.
Why is it difficult?
1. We must get them to want to come to school.
2. We must get them motivated to learn . . . or at least get them engaged enough to listen to the lesson.
3. We must get them to want to try to answer questions.
4. We must get them to want to do the assignments.
5. We must get them wanting to work on “higher order thinking” projects.
6. We must get them to want to be a student/peer mentor.
I want to ask a couple of rhetorical questions.
*Why do adults have jobs?
*Why do we have to get up every morning to go to work, whether we want to go or not?
“Paying” student with play money that is only worth something in your class will get your students answering questions, asking for additional projects, wanting to turn in homework, wanting to be peer mentors to other kids, etc.
This packet includes:
*144 total checks (6 checks for 24 student with a different account number for each student.)
*Weekly Graph for the amount earned
*Weekly Frequency Chart
*Weekly balance sheet with Place Value Chart up to the thousands (practice for the griddable items on the STAAR), number line, Sketch the value, equation (to focus on addition and subtraction), and space for the students to create their own word problem on how they obtained the new balance. If they can create their own word problem, they should be able to solve them.
Paying them will not only get them doing what you need them to do, but they will go the extra mile to do even more. This really works; I see it every single day and love it!
Graphics on the cover are from www.mycutegraphics.com.