Moth Life Cycle - Comprehensive Unit:
Kids love live animals and this unit includes life cycle photographs of real moths and caterpillars. The PowerPoint presentation introduces children to the metamorphosis changes of a cecropia and luna moth from egg to adult. The photographs in this unit are from an award winning photographer.
PowerPoint introduction to a moth's life cycle (featuring real photos). We've also included additional information and cool facts about moths. 29 pages.
Bulletin Board/Student Center - 7 full page color photos and information related to a moth's life cycle.
Bulletin Board/Student Center - 6 full page color photos with more information about moths
• How do caterpillars protect themselves
• Moth parts
• Caterpillar parts
• Why do moths have antennae
• Moth Variety
• Moth and Butterfly differences
• Complete the Life Cycle - Students cut out pictures and place them in the correct order for the moth's life cycle.
• Color My Moth - Student colors a diagram of a moth.
• Moth Sentences - Teacher reads sentences about the moth's life cycle. Students writes the correct word for a blank space in each sentence.
• My Moth Book - Students are given their own mini-moth book. They are asked to complete various activities in their book.
• My Moth Notebook - Students observe a live moth and make observations about the live insect.
• Moth Adult and Caterpillar Photo - Students practice labeling animal parts on a moth and caterpillar photograph.
• Caterpillars are Cool - Students are given a trifold with moth caterpillar facts and photographs. The student colors a caterpillar drawing and names the caterpillar.
Moth Life Cycle - Becoming a Moth
(Grades 2-4). Note: This comprehensive unit also includes this same teacher resource about Keeping Moths.
Moth Life Cycle PowerPoint - Becoming a Moth
(PreK- Grade 4).
From The Developer:
As teachers we know how much children are fascinated with real animals. We used photographs of live critters rather than drawings or clipart for this presentation.
Standards for Science including:
• Life cycles and adaptations of living things to their environment.
• Scientific observations.
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources:
We are always looking for honest comments and ratings so we can improve our products. You also get earned credits for discounts on future TPT purchases when you leave both a comment and a rating.