Mother Bruce by Ryan T. Higgins is a great book to read out loud to your students, especially if your students need targeted practice with identifying character traits and citing text evidence.
This resource is a companion to that book!
Read-alouds can be used in a variety of ways to help transform your students' love for reading. They can also be rigorous yet fun, which is a win-win for you and your students.
• Printable Sticky Notes for the teacher to insert in the book
• Step-by-step instructions for how to print on sticky notes
• Standards-Aligned Reading Comprehension Printables
• A QR Code Vocabulary Activity Chart
• Graphic Organizers and Writing Activities
• A Parent Letter for a homework reading assignment
• A Substitute Teaching Letter for No-Prep Sub Work
• Citing Text Evidence
• Defining Vocabulary in Context
• Using Schema to Build Stronger Reading Comprehension
• Building Background Knowledge Activities
• Character Analysis...AND MORE!
This Mother Bruce book companion set works very well for 2nd and 3rd grade readers.
✅ All Read Aloud with Rigor™️ Series HERE
✅ Engaging Character Education Resources HERE
✅ Digital / Paperless Classroom Goodies HERE
✅Please consider clicking the green star ★ beside my picture to follow me for updates and first dibs on the latest classroom goodies from me!
✅Thanks in advance for your rating on this resource! Your feedback helps me to better serve your teaching needs.
✅Fresh Ideas for Reading Instruction:
©Tanya G. Marshall, The Butterfly Teacher--All Rights Reserved 2018