Also included in
- Celebrate Mother's Day, bring fun, color and creativity into your classroom!Save 25% with this art bundle offer.Choose from a selection of fun and imaginative art activities, suitable for all abilities. Encourage students to create a beautiful and unique card, keepsake gift or artwork to take home t$8.00$10.75Save $2.75
Happy Mother's Day. Invite students to create a personal and imaginative keepsake 'All About Mom Art Phone' card - she'll love it!
This Instagram style cell phone construction, art and writing resource is stimulating and engaging - kids love tech!
Invite students to cut out and make their own fold out booklet style art-phone, and then to complete the image making on the front cover and the written elements inside.
Please click on the preview to see the resource in full
1. The front cover of the activity:
Invite students to respond to and illustrate the 6 questions or prompts, with thumbnail doodles or drawings:
- Loves to eat
- Favorite flower
- Favorite color
- Most loved animal
- Dream destination
- Loves to wear
Please note each drawing area measures approximately 2.5 x 1.5 inches
The finished art phone measures 10 x 5 inches
2. The fold out inside pages:
'Let's Chat' is designed in a text message style, and asks 4 questions:
- What do you love most about Mom
- How will your family celebrate Mother's Day?
- What can you do to make her day amazing?
- What is your Mom's favorite way to relax?
'More About My Mom' prompts the following:
- My Mom and Me - draw a picture
- Dear Mom - write a message
- 5 fascinating facts about my Mom
- Mom, you are the best because.....
- With love from....
Also included in the packet:
Photographed examples to display and use for inspiration
Clear visual construction instructions
Tablet size 5 x 10 inches
Each individual drawing square measures 2.5 x 1.5 inches
Canada/ UK/ NZ/ Australia spellings - mum, favourite etc are included
Only basic materials are needed:
Heavyweight paper / card stock for printing
Scissors and glue stick
Pens / pencils / colored marker pens for the artwork and written work
String or pegs for garland
Considerations and how to use this activity:
Encourage students to move beyond words, and 'draw their answers'
Consider the space around the images they draw
How do the 6 images look collectively?
Is there an emerging theme or style or color?
What colors do we associate with words?
The completed art-phones look great pegged up collectively as a classroom garland or can decorate a wall, door or bulletin board.
You might like to view my popular Back To School / All About Me resources here:
Follow my store on TPT to receive notification of new products, where I will be offering a 50% discount for the first 48 hours after they are posted.
Don’t forget to leave feedback on resources - you will earn points towards your next TPT purchases :-)
Connect with Diane @ The ImaginationBox
All original artwork ©The ImaginationBox/Diane Pagan 2019
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding this resource, I am always keen to help,