"Who Loves You, Little Piglet?" - a multi-faceted literacy activity booklet for preschool, pre-K and Kindergarten learners.
This is a predictable emergent reader that can be used for extended activities for a Mother’s Day theme, and also for any time during the year. It is called “Who Loves You, Little Piglet?” It is about 8 farm animals, and their babies. It is in a question and response format. Children cut and paste, and match, babies with their parents. The animals are: pig, sheep, horse, goat, chicken, cat, cow and duck.
• Read a completed booklet (baby animals pasted in it) to the group, using a different voice for the question and response on each page. “Who loves you, little piglet? My mama does.” Emphasize the different baby names for each animal.
• The children can “read” it with you, as a group.
• Children cut out, and paste baby animals on the appropriate pages. On the last page, they can draw a picture of themselves with their mother (or other).
• Sentence strip words and pictures for a pocket chart are included.
• Children can take the booklet home, and “read” it to their families.
This packet includes:
• A reader featuring the word “mama”, in color.
• A reader featuring the word “mama”, in b/w.
• A reader featuring the word “grandma”, in color.
• A reader featuring the word “grandma”, in b/w.
• Words and pictures to use in a pocket chart, or similar.
(The pages are not editable. If you need a reader that features a different name, such as sister or auntie, please let me know, in the Q and A section, after your purchase, and I will make it for you at no extra cost.)
IMPORTANT: Click on the PREVIEW button the see many more pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources