This is a Mother's Day themed pack that includes:
-A fiction story regarding Mother's Day with corresponding comprehension questions including multiple choice and short response. Students are encouraged to answer like a scholar, in complete sentences. Questions support skills such as identifying "right there questions," inferring, theme/main idea, and compare/contrast.
- A Non-fiction text regarding the history of Mother's Day and other interesting facts with corresponding comprehension questions in which students exercise similar reading skills. These also include multiple choice and short response. Students are also given the opportunity to reflect upon their own schema and respond through illustration.
-A visual aid poster for explanatory writing.
-An explanatory writing prompt supported by the non-fiction text. Students will use the text to collect text evidence for their writing on Mother's Day. A Circle Map planning page, outline, rough draft and final draft paper are included.
- An elementary friendly peer editing checklist.
- A banner to display students' writing on a bulletin board. Banner reads; "Happy Mother's Day!" Print, laminate, cut, and string!
- A poster containing the standard practiced in completion of the Mother's Day explanatory/informative writing prompt. Display this on your bulletin board !
Use students' writing to display on a bulletin board in honor of Mother's Day!
Happy Mother's Day!
1.RL.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
1.RL.3 Describe characters, setting, and major events in a story, using key details.
1.RIT.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
1.W.2 Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.
-Mother's Day Tea Time for Mom Kid-E-Clips (Marcie Jurkowski)
- Cursive Font! (Heidi Trudel)
-KGSecond Chances Font (Chalkboard)
-Erica 1 D'Nealian Font