This product is designed to provide students with some colorful and varied writing activities to commemorate Mother’s Day. There are varied options embedded in this resource, so pick what works for your purposes and for what will best suit your students.
INCLUDED IN THIS DOWNLOAD:
1. Character Trait Resource List: I included this resource to help students when completing their writing to best describe their mom, grandma, or aunt.
2. Character Sketch Thinking Map: This thinking map is designed to capture students’ brainstorming and to begin the ‘sketch’ of their mom, grandma, or aunt. The map delineates the topic for each thought bubble in order to guide students’ thinking. Many versions are provided.
3. Writing Prompts (on themed-paper): I provided two different writing prompts that can be used to write about Mom, Grandma, or Aunt. The Character Trait Resource List and Character Sketch Thinking Map are great to use for helping students prepare for and complete this writing task.
4. Acrostic Poems (on themed-paper): Acrostic poems are a super way to describe things we love, like Mom. There are color versions as well as black & white versions for Mom, Grandma, and Aunt.
5. InstaMOMMY (InstaGRANDMA) Activity: I included this activity as something extra engaging and relatable for students as they hone their skills with character analysis when describing their mom or grandma. Students are asked to think, draw, and analyze. Colored pencils optional.
6. Writing Paper: For free writes or any prompt you give students, use this themed paper to beautify the task.