This spring resource was created as a really cute and charming way for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students to honor their mothers on Mother’s Day. Low-prep fun!
Here's How It Works:
1. Students practice their decoding skills by reading words on flashcards. The phonics focus is reading words with long vowel sounds and r-controlled words. NOTE: These words come from the poem, “Yummy and Sweet Treats” and the treat pages. In addition, there are eight (8) picture cards that are included with this resource. These are perfect to use with your ELL kiddos!
2. Students read the poem, “Yummy and Sweet Treats” for fluency and prosody practice.
3. Students color the “Yummy and Sweet Treats” book cover and all treat pages.
4. Heart-shaped flaps are cut out; glued; and all of the pages are placed together and stapled.
5. Students recite the poem, “Yummy and Sweet Treats” for mom and present her with the Mother’s Day Treat Book. Awww...so very sweet! :)
**PLEASE DOWNLOAD PREVIEW TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT***
*Flashcards (59 + 13 blanks)
*“Yummy and Sweet Treats” picture cards (8)
*“Yummy and Sweet Treats” book covers (1 w/girl & 1 w/boy)
*Original poem, “Yummy and Sweet Treats" (2 w/transparent images and 1 w/o image)
*Heart Flaps (4 + 5 blanks)
*“Yummy and Sweet Treats” color/activity pages (4 + 1 blank)
**PLEASE DOWNLOAD PREVIEW TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PRODUCT**
*Instead of having your kiddos color the pictures, you may wish to copy the treat pages on bright colored paper (think “Astrobrights”!) to give them a look that “pops”! NOTE: Within this resource, I have included photographs of what the treat pages look like on both white AND colored paper.
*The blank heart flaps are meant to be used, then copied when more are needed. Depending on the needs of your students, please copy enough for your students to receive AT LEAST 2 EACH.
*The poem should be read and modeled by you a few times BEFORE letting the students practice reading it themselves. Eventually, the poem is to be read to mom on Mother’s Day as a sweet way of presenting the yummy and sweet treats book to her. TIP: having the class choral read the poem together is a fun way to
get your kiddos reading and ready!
Here’s to a “sweet” Mother’s Day! :)
--Evenings With Drake
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Seasonal products got your interest? Click the link below, scroll down, and check out other seasonal/holiday resources:
Seasonal and Holiday Products
*I love new followers! Click that little green star and become one! You'll be notified about new product uploads, freebies, sales, and more! :)