Also included in
- This collection contains my complete set of 14 Speed Quizzing activities. Each activity contains 32 questions that relate directly to the topic. It is a growing bundle, which means that it is constantly being added to. This bundle represents a savings of at least 65% vs. purchasing each individually$40.38$100.81Save $60.43
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a Motion unit. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons, activities, and a full, day-by-day breakdown of how I teach this unit in my own classroom. Buyer Comment: "I used this to supplement my Unit Test. It was a great resource, and my stud$23.18$54.82Save $31.64
This activity will get your students out of their seats, moving around, and discussing the material. It is fully editable and requires very little preparation. Simply print, cut out the flash cards, and pass them out to students.
Note. This resource can also be used as an excellent question bank as it contains 32 high-quality questions that you can use in any way you see fit.
This activity contains 32 questions designed to test your students’ knowledge of the unit they are studying. The questions come directly from the lessons and cover the following topics:
• One-Dimensional Motion
• Two-Dimensional Motion and Vectors
• Frames of Reference
• Uniform Acceleration
• Projectile Motion
Each of the Speed Quizzes listed below can be found in my Speed Quizzes Growing bundle at a discount of at least 65%.
- NGSS - MS PS4 Waves
- NGSS - MS-PS1
- NGSS - MS PS2 Motion and Stability
- NGSS - MS PS3 Energy
- Light and Waves
- Forces and Motion
- Metabolic Processes
Here’s how you implement them:
1. Provide each student with a flash card
2. Pair up students using the stand up/hands up/pair up method
3. Partner A reads the question to Partner B, who answers. Partner A praises if correct or coaches if incorrect.
4. Partners switch roles
5. Students thank each other and switch cards
6. Partners raise their hands to find a new partner
7. Repeat for a specified amount of time
Alternate way to ensure each student gets a new partner each time:
Divide students into groups A and B.
Have every student pair up with someone from the other group (if there is an odd number of students you participate too!)
1) Do Speed Quizzing
2) Then have group A move to the right and group B stay still.
3) Do Speed Quizzing
4) Then have group B move to the left and group A stay still.
Every student in group A will meet every student in group B, but students will not meet students in their own group (a clever way to keep apart students who should not be partnered for whatever reason).
This activity can be used to:
• Prompt meaningful student conversation
• Review prior knowledge
• Review new terms/problems after a unit
• Gather student ideas
• Remediate weak skills
• Practice new skills
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - firstname.lastname@example.org