TITLE: Motivate Reluctant Readers to Read More!!
Motivate your reluctant students to read more via a reading club where they set their own class goals and read to achieve these goals. Allow students to earn incentives as a reward for their achievement.
Class Time: on-going from the beginning of school year (integrated into language arts curriculum)
Grade Levels: 2 - 5
Sit back and watch as your students develop skills in many ways.
1. Students will increase reading fluency rate.
2. Students will learn elements of fiction and nonfiction.
3. Students will become motivated to read more.
4. Students will gain understanding of different literature genres.
5. Students will develop comprehension skills.
6. Students will develop a sense of community as they work together on a common goal.
- Sample student log – in sheet
- Sample Nonfiction Segment (book report)
- Sample Fiction Segment (book report)
- Teacher Implementation Tips.
- Student handout
- Bookman Poster and segmented worm image
- Seating arrangement and color coded book basket image