Are you teaching a unit on language but don't know how to tackle to topic. This activity is exactly what you are looking for!
Motivation and Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs in Psychology Bundle Includes:
1) A customizable lecture that you can adjust to meet your needs and the needs of
your students. This bundle includes a version of this lecture in Keynote (Mac) and
Powerpoint (PC), format for users of every operating system. (Note the PDF included is for your own notes purpose only)
*****Depending on the version of the presentation software that you use to present in your classroom, fonts and sizes in our lecture presentations may need adjustment. To make it easier for you to create a lecture that engages your students and looks like the PDF file included in this bundle, we offer downloadable font bundles in our store for FREE!
At absolutely no cost to you, you can get your hands on the fonts that we use in our lectures so that you can customize your presentations. Download the Free Font Bundle, install the fonts onto your computer, and customize your lecture in the way that works of you. Adjust sizes, fonts, images, and content to meet your needs and the needs of your students!*******
2) A graphic organizer of key terms for your students to define. You can use this to pre-teach the concepts of the unit on motivation or following a lecture on the topic. This give your students some background knowledge that will help them understand the unit better. This includes words from motivation, hunger and eating disorders.
3) The next activity includes a chart about students identifying their own levels of motivation when it comes to tasks they may complete in their own lives. They will be asked what motivates them to complete the task, is it intrinsic or extrinsic motivation, what their level of motivation for that task is and then they need to explain why that is their motivation level This could be a great conclusion to the unit on motivation because it allows the students to look within themselves and identify how motivated they truly are.
4) A graphic organizer that shows Maslow's Hierarchy pyramid and asks your students to give a description of each leve. This not only gives your students the opportunity to describe each level of the hierarch, but also see the importance of each as represented in a pyramid. Next your students will give real world examples from their lives of things that they have done in order to meet each level of need. This can lead to a great conversation in the class about what it takes for each level to be met and that not everyone can meet the top level because they are more focused on the first two.
5) An answer key to the lesson activities to save you time and help guide student comprehension. Part 3 has no key because it is all based on students personal beliefs.
If you like these activities, check out our Unit activity bundle that includes activities for all of the objectives in this unit.
Best of all, this activity aligns to our "Objective 1.8 - Motivation" video lecture, which can be found here:
For more of our video lectures, check out our "You/Will/Love History" YouTube channel and subscribe for upcoming videos:
You Will Love History on YouTube
If you like the content of our store please head over to our Facebook page to like and follow us for updates on upcoming products and chances at free give aways!
You Will Love History Facebook Page
You can also visit our shop right here on TPT and purchase Activities, Objective Bundles, Unit Bundles, Semester Bundles, and our Course Bundle, all of which align to our video lecture collection on YouTube!
Flip your classroom and the way your students learn history TODAY!