Brighten your classroom and encourage a growth mindset in your students with these 15 neon motivational posters of humorous, encouraging, and challenging quotes. If a student has a wandering eye during class they will see a bright reminder that it's time to work hard! These quotes make engaging warm up/entry task writing or discussion prompts. Formatted to letter size 8.5" x 11" for easy printing. All quotes are attributed to the author if available, or attributed to "unknown".
*"Dreams don't work unless you do."
*"I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.
So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life. Whatever it is you're cared of doing, Do it. Make your mistakes, next year and forever."
*"If You Are Not Willing to Learn, No One Can Help You. If You Are Determined to Learn No One Can Stop You!
*"People often say motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily."
*"No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress. You’re still way ahead of everyone who isn't even trying."
*"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there."
*"The You Matter Manifesto. You are enough. You have influence. You are a genius. You have a contribution to make. You have a gift that others need. Your actions define your impact. You are the change. You matter."
*"Failure is a bruise. Not a tattoo."
*"Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip toe if you must, but take the step."
*"I hate the idea that, when it comes to books and learning, hard is often seen as the opposite of fun. It's strange to me that we should be so quick to give up on a book or a math problem when we are so willing to grapple, for centuries if necessary, with a single level of Angry Birds."
*"Show respect even to people who don’t deserve it; not as a reflection of their character, but as a reflection of yours."
*"Always remember you are braver than you believe stronger than you seem and smarter than you think."
*"The secret to getting ahead is getting started."
*"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
*"Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph."
You might also be interest in:
• Citing Text Evidence Posters and Student Reference Sheets in a cheery theme!
• Accountable Talk Posters for Upper Grades
• See all of my Posters and Classroom Decorations here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.