Also included in
- Electricity and Magnetism Unit. This unit includes a full lesson set for complete coverage of Electricity, Circuit, Magnetic Fields, Motors and Generators, and Electrical Safety along with associated activities. You'll also find a full, day-by-day breakdown of how I teach this unit in my own classro$34.97$66.00Save $31.03
This 29-slide lesson on Motors and Generators begins by looking at everyday uses of motors as well as the Motor Principle, the Right-Hand Rule of motors, AC and DC motors and their applications. It then goes into Generators, Electricity Generation and Transformers. The lesson concludes by looking at the Conservation of Energy and tests the students' understanding of concepts and the Transformer Equations via multiple practice questions (answers provided). It is a thorough overview and introduction that will fit any high school classroom well.
This lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, 4 embedded videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
In order, the lesson covers:
1. The Motor Principle
2. The Right-Hand Rule
3. AC Motors and Applications
4. DC Motors
6. Electricity Generation
7. Step-up and Step-down Transformers
8. Conservation of Energy
9. The Transformer Equation
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Auto-graded Exit Ticket
- 8 Embedded Videos
- Student lesson handout
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson along with the following can be found within my Electricity and Magnetism Unit.
- Lesson 1 - Electricity Overview-Current, Voltage, Power, and Cost
- Lesson 2 - Electric Circuits – Current, Voltage, and Resistance
- Lesson 3 - Magnetic Fields - Magnets, Electromagnet, and Their Applications
- Lesson 4 - Motors and Generators
- Lesson 5 - Electrical Safety
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.