Mouse Paint Color Mixing Unit for Kinder (also perfect for Pre-k and 1st)
This unit consists of the the following activities –
1. Color Mixin’ – Intro activity. Kids use their own “paint palettes” to discover what happen when you mix 2 primary colors.
2. Sentence Builders – pocket chart activity that allow student to practice making and reading sentences with sight words and color words
3. Mixin’ Addition – math center activity. Kids will “add” (mix) colors that “equal” a secondary color. Includes 2 recording sheets for variety and repeated practice.
4. Mouse Paint – reading/handwriting practice sheets
5. Paint Mixin’ – art center painting activity
6. Mouse Paint – interactive early reader about mixing colors
7. Walking Water – color mixing science experiment that is TOO COOL!
8. Color Snack – a great and EASY snack idea that really brings home the concept of mixing primary colors to get secondary colors