Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.73 MB | 9 pages
Do your students need a new Brain Break routine? Then try out these kid-tested and therapist approved activities!
Topics: Exercise and Learning/Movement Breaks
1. Students will discuss/learn the benefits between exercise and learning and to describe the cause and effect relationship.
2. Students will learn and engage in a variety of movement activities throughout the school year to enhance their ability to learn.
• Movement breaks will be taught and practiced with all students. Establish a quick, movement break routine and expectations to make it easier to take breaks throughout the year. Practice following directions, being safe, having fun without being too silly and quick and efficient transitions in/out of our learning activity.
• The movement breaks will be broken into two categories “Energizing Activities” and “Calming Activities.” Start with energizing activities and end with calming activities. Hopefully, ending with calming activities will help your less regulated students transition back to the learning activity without difficulty.
• To choose your activities roll the large pocket dice with different choices. Kids will be encouraged to add ideas to our dice. Change them throughout the year to keep it fun and fresh for everyone!
• Use a timer to help keep us on track and to help encourage kids to put their “best effort” into the activity for the entire time. For example, we might do our energizing activities in 20-30 sec. intervals.
Check out my blog for more information and resources http://kidsgetsocial.blogspot.com/