These writing prompts were designed using the Ontario Grade 2 Science curriculum (Understanding Structures and Mechanisms: Movement) - with ideas and words straight from the text.
** This product is included in a BUNDLE
, which includes all Science prompts for Grades 1 and 2! This product is also included in my Simple Machines
Great to leave with a guest teacher or as a follow-up to investigations or read-alouds!
This document includes 9 pages of primary printing lines with dotted sentence starters, 9 pages of the same activities on plain lines with dotted sentence starters, and 12 pages of plain lines with a guiding question but no sentence starter - plus blank pages of each type to photocopy on the page's back side for more printing space.
It's great for differentiation
It also includes 3 pages of word wall words (8 words each) to help your students build independence when writing.
Remember to give feedback to earn TPT points!
More Grade 2 Writing Prompts:
1. Properties of Liquids and Solids
2. Growth and Changes in Animals
3. Air and Water in the Environment
4. Changing Family and Community Traditions
Grade 1 Writing Prompts:
1. Our Changing Roles and Responsibilities
2. The Local Community
3. Energy in Our Lives
4. Materials, Objects, and Everyday Structures
5. Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
6. Daily and Seasonal Changes
Grade 3 Writing Prompts:
1. Growth and Changes in Plants