Students will have fun creating word problems about going to the movies with this center!
There are several ways this Movies- Building Word Problem Center could Work. Here are a few suggestions.
Have students choose a scenario level- 1,2,3,4
Categories- Popcorn, Candy, Drinks, Games
Level 1- One Category
Level 2- Two Categories
Level 3- Three Categories
Level 4- Four Categories
2. Have students shuffle their “Amount of People” and “Ticket Price” Cards and place these on their card holders. Students will pick 1 “Amount of People” and 1 “Ticket Price” Card
3. After students pick a scenario, they will find the cards to go with that scenario. Students will mix up the cards based on their scenario and then place their cards on the correct card holder.
4. Students will pick out the cards they need from the correct pile.
5. Then students will use the concessions stand menus or game room list to get the prices of their items.
6. Finally students will find out the total cost of their trip to the movies using their “Movie Building Word Problem” Sheet!
7. If the cards are too confusing for your students, just have your students use the concession stand menus and game room list to fill out their “Movie Building Word” Sheet
8. Or have students pick whatever categories and sizes they would like!
The possibilities are endless! Be creative and have fun!
This center aligns with Virginia SOLs-4.4, 5.4,4.5, 5.5, and 6.7