Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
Turn 10 classic, G-rated movies into effective learning opportunities for your students!
See the preview file for a free, editable, teacher lesson plan for using a movie guide and seamlessly ask a substitute teacher to use this resource.
These movie guides are great for:
1) substitute lessons since they are G-rated and shouldn't require a permission slip from students
2) a way to sprinkle some education into a classroom movie viewing party
3) Stress free activities before holiday breaks
4) Reward activities after testing
5) Challenging students to do more than just regurgitate information, the questions require students to analyze, evaluate, apply and create their own meaning from the film
This Movie Guide Bundle includes the following 10 G-Rated Movie Guides:
Earn Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE