Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Movie Viewing Guide – Show any movie while students practice meaningful skills! These eye-catching movie response pages allow you to comfortably show a movie knowing students are analyzing topics such as setting, characterization, tone, mood, conflict, and theme. Three additional post-viewing activities are included for learning extension and differentiation.
This movie guide resource is perfect for end of year, if you are between units, nearing a holiday break, or in need of a quick and easy sub plan that students will love! I specifically created this resource for your convenient use with movies you have not taught as text.
This Product Includes:
1. MOVIE VIEWING GUIDE – This vibrantly-attractive 2-page handout (to be copied back-to-back) contains a variety of Common Core-aligned prompts where students analyze topics based on setting, characters, plot events, tone, mood, and theme. The guide is divided into three parts so the film can be paused as students write their responses.
2. MOVIE-BASED SHORT RESEARCH TOPIC – An extension assignment where students conduct short research on one topic of interest from the movie. Students choose their topic, access some web sites, take notes, cite sources, and share out their findings. (1 page)
3. MOVIE PLOT SUMMARY – A post-viewing task that gives students practice with Common Core skill RL.2 (writing an objective summary). This writing assignment can be used as classwork, homework, or for differentiation. (1 page)
4. WRITE A MOVIE REVIEW – Students write their own review of the movie using pages that provide guiding questions and space for composing the review. Great for classwork, homework, or differentiation. (2 pages)
5. TEACHER GUIDELINES AND COMMON CORE STANDARDS – Specific guidelines for teaching with the materials and a list of standards aligned with the resources. (2 pages)
If you are looking for quality response work to engage your students while viewing ANY movie, you will appreciate having this convenient resource on hand.
Please open the PREVIEW
You might also like these other resources I’ve created: