This worksheet accompanies the movie "Disney's Moana"
• 25 comprehension questions in chronological order with answers.
• Drawing and choosing character traits for 4 characters.
• Creative writing.
• fun puzzles and dot to dot colouring.
It is aimed at the younger audience and normally I would act the scene out to give clues and help. It's great fun with kids after watching the movie. Includes answer sheet.
*Update (17th March 2017)
Added a new page to complete after the movie. It's about understanding 4 of the main characters and their personality traits. Students need to:
• Draw Maui, Moana, Te-Fiti and Tamatoa.
• Choose character traits from the word bank and write below their corresponding picture. (Includes definitions of each word for the teacher to use as clues if the student doesn't know the word)
*Update (25th March 2017)
Added another page to complete after the movie. This is creative writing and the students need to write a story similar to Moana. Question prompts have been included to help them add content to the story.
*Update (26th March 2017)
There's always a few students who finish the tasks before everyone else so I've created 2 new pages with some puzzles I made that are just for fun:
• Moana word search
• Cryptic puzzle
• Moana dot to dot and colouring
Check out the full preview to see what it's like.
This movie is about a sea voyaging enthusiast named Moana who needs to persuade Maui to return Te hiti's heart. So Moana sets off on an epic journey across the Pacific. The film is based on stories from Polynesian mythology.
*Also available in a 3 x pack for $3 - Moana, Bug's Life & The Lion King
How can movies help students learn English?
Learning from movies is motivating and enjoyable
- Sometimes students need a change in style, and movies are generally an integral
part of a student's life.
Movies provides authentic and varied language
- It's always a good idea to introduce students examples of English in real
situations. This includes accents different to your own.
Movies gives a visual context
- This gives the student the ability to interpret the language in full visual context.
To see such visual supports as facial expressions and gestures simultaneously.
Variety and flexibility
- Movies can also act as a springboard for follow-up tasks such as discussions,
debates on social issues, role plays, reconstructing a dialogue or summarising.
As always, an answer sheet is included
Please rate and leave a comment if you liked this product. Thank you, and enjoy!
If you found these comprehension questions useful, please take a look at my other ones by following the links below:
A Bug's Life
Bridge to Terabithia
Catch Me If You Can
Food Inc Documentary - Discussion, Comprehension, and Analysing
Lord of the Flies
The Book of Life
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Where The Wild Things Are