This worksheet accompanies the movie "The Lion King"
The first part of this worksheet includes pre-watching tasks:
• Drawing a lion and a king
• Describing their drawings using adjectives
• The teacher asks some questions about where lions are from and what other animals can be found there. (writes on the board)
• While watching the movie, the students have space to write down any animals they see and any words they don't understand.
Followed by 10 comprehension questions to be completed after the movie. Includes describing their favourite character and why. If you want to make it more difficult just remove the multiple choice answers; They can write full sentences instead ☺
This movie is about a young lion named Simba who is betrayed by his Uncle Scar. Simba escapes from the wildebeest stampede and returns as an adult to take back his homeland from Scar.
*Also available in a 3 x pack for $3 - Moana, Bug's Life & The Lion King
How can movies help students learn English?
Learning from movies is motivating and enjoyable
- Sometimes students need a change in style, and movies are generally an integral
part of a student's life.
Movies provides authentic and varied language
- It's always a good idea to introduce students examples of English in real
situations. This includes accents different to your own.
Movies gives a visual context
- This gives the student the ability to interpret the language in full visual context.
To see such visual supports as facial expressions and gestures simultaneously.
Variety and flexibility
- Movies can also act as a springboard for follow-up tasks such as discussions,
debates on social issues, role plays, reconstructing a dialogue or summarising.
As always, an answer sheet is included
Please rate and leave a comment if you liked this product. Thank you, and enjoy!
If you found these comprehension questions useful, please take a look at my other ones by following the links below:
A Bug's Life
Bridge to Terabithia
Catch Me If You Can
Food Inc Documentary - Discussion, Comprehension, and Analysing
Lord of the Flies
The Book of Life
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
Where The Wild Things Are