Also included in
- This Literature Circle Bundle includes resources to facilitate student-led independent novel studies. Includes literature circle jobs, literature circle projects, literature circle rubrics, and literature circle final assignments, as well as materials to facilitate discussions. Suitable for middle$9.00$10.35Save $1.35
- Looking for middle school mini lessons, worksheets, handouts, and activities to teach literacy in the secondary English Language Arts classroom? This MASSIVE bundle includes reading, writing, speaking and listening activities for over 29 weeks of daily lessons, activities and literacy tasks!⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVE$120.00$200.35Save $80.35
This Novel Study Final Assignment will assess literary comprehension of any independent novel study, whole-class novel, or literature circles in a fun and creative way. Includes editable rubric, student example, and digital handouts to support distance learning via Google Classroom.
HIGHLIGHT CHARACTERIZATION AND MAIN CONFLICT
STUDENT PLANNER AND TASK CHECKLIST HANDOUTS
TEACHER, PEER AND SELF-EVALUATION RUBRICS INCLUDED
How to use this resource:
This resource is a creative alternative to standardized testing to assess students on comprehension and high-level thinking. I use this resource in combination with my Literature Circle Unit because it is applicable to any novel; however, you may assign this as a summative task for any novel study.
I introduce this assignment by reading through the Movie Trailer Assignment Outline with my class. This handout provides instructions and expectations for the movie trailer, along with the reflective writing assignment included with this assessment.
The rubric included with this resource is provided in both editable and ready-to-print formats. After introducing these expectations, I show students the Student Exemplar so that they can engage with expectations on a visual level.
After an overview of the assignment, I introduce the Peer and Self-Evaluation Form. Students should understand that they will be responsible for reflecting on their work, as well as the work of their group mates.
Finally, I distribute the Student Planner and Task Checklist. These resources will support students in establishing deadlines, and remaining on track to turn in their assignments on time.
To support distance learning and 1:1 classrooms, all of the handouts included in this resource are also available in digital format. Simply follow the instructions provided in this resource to copy these files directly to your Google Drive.
Teacher tip: In order to create cooperative and efficient groups, I use Mondays Made Easy's Student Personality Inventory | Compatibility Quiz for the Secondary Classroom resource.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Digital Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on May 17, 2021.