This work book can be used for any movie once you have taylored it as best suits your chosen movie in a few simple steps. You will need to import suitable pictures into pages 1&2, suggestions for descriptions and opinions on page 3 and a list of objects into page 4/task 2. Suggestions for use and differentiation are included separately.
As you will be aware, it is against copyright law to publish (for free or for a price) any resources which contain names, pictures, even titles relating to any particular movies.
For this reason, I created this work book to include many of the tasks which I have given my students over the years. The activities included have suited the majority of films which I have shown throughout my career. To enable you to use this work book in your language teaching as well, I am including a French and a German version of the work book too. Feel free to switch and swap the tasks between the three languages as you may like to offer your students a mixture of English and either French or German, depending on your subject and on your students' level of language ability.
All of the tasks assume that you, as the teacher, have watched the movie prior to showing it to and discussing it with your students. Please bear in mind that since this is a generic work book, the two first pages of the book need your input of pictures in order to direct the tasks at your chosen movie. Alternatively your students could complete page 1 using a picture projected onto the board and page 2 can be left out.
A list of objects needs completing by the teacher on page 4, but examples of commonly shown objects are listed in the 'suggestions document'.
I have tried to make any adjustments easy for you in the following ways:
• by providing the work books in two size formats, i.e. A4 and letter format
• by providing you with the Microsoft Word version of the work book as well as a pdf version
• by providing a booklet full of suggestions for adjustments, use and differentiation - using a copy of the English version as a template
• by presenting tasks in easy to complete tables, ready to receive and centre your written or illustrative content if you so wish
• by including the same work book in 3 languages so that you may switch English tasks in for comprehension if you are teaching French or German and for differentiation if your students need to put comprehension before language.
I hope you and your students enjoy this work book :)
Please kindly respect that it took a while to write up the enclosed sheets.
Fairness deal: I will keep my price low. In return please be fair to me and do not pass this resource to colleagues unless you or your school have purchased the multiple licence for this resource too.
Thank you. :)
If you like this resource, please leave me a review and click on the green star by my store name to follow me and see what else is new in my store at any time.
For a 'fully generic, no need to adapt movie workbook', please take a look at my other resource: