PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Mr Brown's Magnificent Apple Tree by Yvonne Winer ~ A week of reading activities
Read the book daily for a week and complete an activity a day - oh so simple!
1. Sequencing – students cut and match/sequence story events.
2. Matching Words – student match up story words from the book. They can either color/colour code or cut and paste.
3. Multiple Choice Comprehension
4. True/False Comprehension
5. Cloze activity – comprehension. Students fill in the missing words. .
6. Writing – 4 blank templates provided (lines/no lines) – great for retelling the story or doing a written response
7. Retell – a simple beginning, middle and End retell template
8. Comprehension – students think beyond literal comprehension by thinking of four different things Mr Brown may have wanted the apples for.
9. Writing – students write inside 2 speech bubbles.
10. Connect to Text
11. Word Sleuth
All activities were created with Year 1/2 in mind!
Prefer a different font? Just ask.. if I can, I will!