This lesson is about the poem Mr. Flood's Party by Edwin Arlington Robinson. The file includes the following:
* a mini-lesson about Edwin Arlington Robinson
* a mini-lesson about iambic pentameter, stanza, metaphor, and simile
* vocabulary work
* bubble map and short writing prompt
* questions for students to analyze the poem
* an activity for students to create their own poem in the same style and then briefly analyze/explain its meaning
* an activity to analyze poems by Edwin Arlington Robinson and then write an essay
* an essay in which students must compare and contrast two poems by Edwin Arlington Robinson
If you see poem lessons in my store that you would also like to bundle, please email me at email@example.com and I can build a packet to meet your classroom needs.
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our site at www.ek12schools.com
Please download my featured FREE product at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Middle-School-SAT-List-1-Vocabulary-Unit-and-PowerPoint-Lecture-1-of-10
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.