48 Daily Reading Response and 8 Extended Response Task cards to be used in conjunction with your students reading.
Daily Reading Response Cards are very useful, easy to use and can be used in many ways.
• Use as writing prompts for reading journals.
• Require students to complete a certain number of cards each week for their independent reading.
• Use in guided reading groups and literature circles as discussion prompts.
• Use as prompts for partner discussions.
• Use reading strategy and literacy centers.
• Choose one card to display on the document camera for the whole class to use as a writing prompt.
• Allow students to draw cards randomly as writing or discussion prompts (always very popular!)
• Use after silent reading or the weekend to discuss what students have been reading independently.
The extended Reading Response Task can also be used in a variety of ways.
• Use as an end of reading assessment
• Use as an alternative book report prompt
• Use as a collaborative project starter.