So you just got a class set of the wonderful “I Survived” Series of books and you don’t know how to use them. You’re in luck! This series of task are an engaging and fun way to use this amazing series in a constructive way. There are ten different mini-tasks. Each task is aligned with a different series of CCSS Standards. Everything from vocabulary tasks, to plot development is covered in this packet. These task are great for individual book reports, classroom projects, or even homework.
Each mini-task comes with clear and easy to follow instructions that guide you through the task. Also include are all of the graphic organizers or planners needed to complete the task. Simply print and assign!
1. Finding Figurative Language
2. Fact or Fiction
3. Reporter on the Streets, write a newspaper article
4. Analyzing the types of conflict
5. Character Traits
7. Fiction or Non-Fiction, Comparing and Contrasting real and fictional events.
8. Rules for Spelling (adding suffixes)
9. Grammar Task Cards
10. Rising Action and Story Development