This product consists of four song versions of Mr. Hummingbird which include:
1) Practice Along Song version: This is the same version of the song that accompanies the Mr. Hummingbird Video. Compared to the video the song format enables children to take a more active role by singing and moving during presentation. It also allows adult/peer leaders to model movements and monitor progress in a more interactive format. Overall the song is intended to encourage more adult and peer interaction as opposed to screen time.
2) Fill in the Blank version: This version is not only good for supporting memorization of key lyrics/phrases, it is also designed to support generalization of skills. After children have established a solid understanding of the original song version the Fill-in-the-Blank version allows for lyric modification and concept expansion.
3) The Background Music track: This track is an instrumental version of the Mr. Hummingbird Song that can be used to prompt/reinforce somatic awareness and self regulation (e.g. relaxation) during other activities. For example play it quietly during quiet work times, rest and relaxation, or other activities that would benefit from increased focus and relaxation.
4) Extended Response Time version: This tracks gives you increased response time between instructional prompts. This is a good version for children who require more processing time or prompting from an adult. It’s also useful if you want to provide more detailed instruction to children following sung prompts.
5) (Bonus) The Hummingbird Sound FX can be loaded onto a computer, phone, or other audio playing device to provide the sound of a hummingbird at the push of a button. Simply import the mp3 files into your preferred audio player (e.g. iTunes) and treat it as any other audio file.
These songs are designed to be used with other components of the Mr. Hummingbird Module and are also included in the complete Mr. Hummingbird Module.