PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Inspired by a story about the damage than can be caused by spreading rumours about what one sees rather than by seeking truth, credited to Baal Shem Tov - "Master of the Good Name." It's a simple story, well told, with gorgeous illustrations. For ages 1-150. Makes a great lesson for children of ALL ages!
60 min, the details lesson plan. Reading/ writing using technologies.
Students will be able to:
- use technology to investigate and present information
- determine what kinds of behaviors constitute spreading rumors and gossip
- use critical thinking skills to help them determine what options for dealing with rumors and gossip might be best in a particular situation
- recognize how one character’s words affected the behavior of others.
- learn about important functions of gossip in groups by reading and discussing “Mr. Peabody's Apples” By Madonna
- reflect in an essay about personal experiences
Sample posters for the Mr. Peabody's Apples lesson, Presentation ” How is Gossip like Glitter”, Difficult Words/Vocabulary Quizlet, parts of the movie for yout groups, how creat The final booktalk.