This product is my Mr. Popper's Penguins book unit and nonfiction Penguin unit bundled together. You can purchase these items separately on my store as well, but since I use them together and they compliment each other so well, I wanted to give you the option to purchase them together at a discounted price. If you purchase this bundle, you will save over $3.00.
These bundle includes:
Mr. Popper's Penguins Book Unit
- Specific Teacher's Notes and Directions for Pre-Reading Activities, Implementing Strategies from Comprehension, Vocabulary, and other activities to do with the book.
- Cover for student packet
- List of Suggested Vocabulary
- Over 90 comprehension questions to go along with the book
- Before, During, After Questioning Organizer
- Vocabulary Graphic Organizer
- 2 Character Traits Graphic Organizer
- Story Elements Graphic Organizer
- Make an Inference Activity
- Visualizing the Story Sheet
- Making Connections Organizer
- Figurative Language Activity
- Cause and Effect Organizer
- What's the Message- theme license plate
- Life Cycle of a Penguin Sheet
- Venn Diagram (comparing/contrasting North Pole and South Pole)
- Venn Diagram (comparing/contrasting Movie and Book)
- Answer Key and Examples
Included in this unit you will find the following penguin-themed items:
- Teacher Notes and a list of recommended books and articles
- Headings for a Schema Poster (picture included)
- A Can/Have/Are Tree Map
-Label It Penguin! Organizer (answer key included)
- Venn diagram comparing/contrasting penguins and other birds (answer key included)
- Important Poem template and two stationery options for publishing
- Penguin Glyph Activity: Includes glyph survey, key, and all the templates to make an adorable penguin. After students have created their glyph they can analyze the data and graph results
- Creature Feature Research Paper: Includes Research Note Sheet, Research Paper Template, two different template options for paragraph writing, and stationery for final copy.
For more photos of these units, you can check out the individual products.