Do your kids enjoy reading the Mr. Putter and Tabby books by Cynthia Rylant? If they do, I feel certain they will enjoy these activities as well.
This product is suited for late first grade and all of second. These engaging activities will lend themselves well to guided reading groups or an independent book study. It is based on the following 5 books in the series:
Mr. Putter and Tabby Walk the Dog
Mr. Putter and Tabby Paint the Porch
Mr. Putter and Tabby Bake the Cake
Mr. Putter and Tabby Toot the Horn
Mr. Putter and Tabby Stir the Soup
More specifically, you'll find...
* an 8.5 x 11 author anchor poster
* anticipation guides / comprehension questions / discussion cards for EACH of the 5 books
* a "Tabby" craftivity
* an adorable Mr. Putter craftivity
* Mr. Putter and Mrs. Teaberry character analysis
* pocket chart sort (Mr. Putter and Tabby compare/contrast)
* a class cookbook project (writing activity)
43 pages + 7 (credits, directions, etc...) = 50