With this 11-minute commentary on Carol Ann Duffy's brilliant poem 'Mrs Midas', you can save your voice while still ensuring your students develop their skills with a solid analysis of the poem. With no less than 5 different ways to use this resource, you can bring in elements of rigour and creativity to best suit your particular students, while scaffolding their understanding and minimising their fear of poetry.
Mrs Midas by the UK's poet laureate, Carol Ann Duffy
, is one of my all-time favourite poems. Taking the Greek myth of King Midas, Duffy's poem is from the perspective of the never-before-heard-from Mrs Midas.
This poem is recommended for highly-capable upper middle schoolers and high schoolers. Read it here
I am used to teaching mixed-ability classes including EAL and LS students.
Within this resource, you will find:
* download link to the MP3 audio file with illustrated instructions
* printable transcript (2 pages)
* teaching notes and ideas for activities to accompany the audio
* link to downloadable, print-friendly PDF of the poem
Looking for more highly engaging resources? Check out these packs for more figurative language and analysis ideas:
* Exploring Texts Using Hyperlinks with Thinglink
* Zombie Apocalypse Figurative Language in Songs
Or how about a money-saving bundle to save you time AND $$$:
* Mindset, Intelligence & The Power of 'Yet'
* Greek Mythology
* Gorgon Quest: Cooperative Greek Mythology Board Game
* Zombie-Themed Pack
* Agent Activation Pack
Questions or comments? Please feel free to drop me a note via email@example.com. I'm always happy to help!
***All new products are launched with discounts for at least the first 48 hours! Interested? Just click on the star above to follow me and get notifications for when this happens!***