Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Christmas by Joy Cowley features everyone’s favorite wash woman along with her cow, duck and pig as they celebrate the holidays! This literature unit targets literacy, language and listening skills in conjunction with the book. The book companion is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Spatial Concepts- Identify where the animal is using prepositions
4. Wishy Washy Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
5. Roll-A-Rhyme- Roll a die and pick a card. Name the number of rhyming words as indicated on the die.
6. Following Directions- Perform tasks following conditional and/or temporal directions.
*Also included is a multi-use bingo dauber sheet. Students can color the B&W scene and ink in circles as they perform activities. Or, write words in the circles for students to practice articulation or vocabulary. The possibilities are endless!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!