Mrs. Wishy-Washy’s Farm by Joy Cowley features everyone’s favorite wash woman along with fun characters, sequencing and humor! This literature unit targets literacy, language and listening skills in conjunction with the book. The book companion is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Wishy Washy Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
5. Wishy Washy Categories- Sort items from the book into categories
6. Printable Interactive Book- Print and assemble this black & white book for students to take home and tell the story of Mrs. Wishy Washy's farm!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!