Shared Reading Lesson Plans.
These Shared Reading lesson plans are instructional strategies that can be used to teach reading skills in a whole group reading experience. The teacher explicitly models the skills of proficient readers. This text can be used for several days, which gives lots of opportunities to build skills and strategies with your learners and provide struggling readers with the necessary support.
These lesson plans include spot for anecdotal notes:
- Beginning, Middle, End of the story/ Sequence
- Character, Setting, Problem, Solution
- Rhyming words
- Compare/Contrast two stories: Mrs. Wishy Washy & Mrs. Wishy-Washy's
- After reading the book, follow directions to make a “Bubble Art” . (Directions
- 3 tiered questioning that targets the low, middle, and high, reading abilities in your
Shared Reading lessons:
- State the main strategy you will be practicing with the text.
- Use graphic organizers to take notes about the text.
- Read the text aloud stopping at certain points to think aloud and ask questions.
- As you ask each question jot down notes about students low ability, medium
ability and high ability to monitor their thinking skills and reading understanding
- Students turn and talk to a partner to answer questions (this will need to be
- After you finish reading the text you will review the target strategy in each lesson