Hello! Thank you for looking at this fabulous product! I have compiled what I think is a great collection of useable pieces for your class. With this purchase you will get:
Pre-reading activity (individual or group—this counts as Lesson 1)
• Lessons 2-9-Built for Block periods (Teacher guide with activities for students—you must articulate the activities in a way you see fit. Many of them could be turned into writing exercises, seat work, or small group activities, lectures, discussions, etc.)
• Optional Homework Handout for Students that requires a small project for each act (with alternate assignments)
• Sonnets #116 and 130 Handout
• Dear Abby/Advice Column/Fable handouts that correspond with themes in the play
• Acts 1-5 Questions (extended response, students must answer in 3-5 sentences each on a separate piece of paper)
• Critical Thinking Homework Handouts, which include act questions, with a focused literary element Question
• Short answer study guide for students
• TWO Unit Exams!
Test One is a combination of Matching, short answer, extended response, and a short essay
Test Two is an honors-level test which includes Quote Analysis, Short answer, extended response, Dialogue analysis, and a Character Map
• Bonus! Literary Elements Handout
• Bonus! Literary Portfolio final project with rubric
Thank you for looking at this packet! I thoroughly enjoy teaching Shakespeare’s plays, and try to make my packets as extensive as possible for ease of use. I do not include KEYS for my exams because they are writing-heavy, and each teacher will grade differently. Enjoy using this!
Teacher in the Rye