Also included in
- All of my creative, analytical Shakespeare resources in one bundle! In this bundle: letters to the teacher for each resourceThe Shakespeare Homework Menu of OptionsMuch Merchant: Literature Circles approach with Much Ado about Nothing and The Merchant of VeniceRomeo and Juliet Text Translation and$32.00$38.00Save $6.00
The unexpected crossover Much Merchant (Much Ado about Nothing AND Merchant of Venice) literature circle study provides richness to within-play and play-comparison discussions and an analytical understanding and appreciation of Shakespeare's comedic genius, a sometimes under-explored avenue of study.
In this unit, which ultimately discusses some of the commonalities between the two plays, students first investigate their chosen play in literature circles through a guided analytical study, a sometimes under-explored avenue of study
Note: Line numbers refer to the Folger editions.
In this resource:
- letter to the teacher
- Analytical Discussion Guides for Close Reading by Act: In depth guided discussions for each play group and joint discussions across plays for every act; these guided discussions can be used as a teaching guide to either or both plays as well
- The Character Scrapbook (individual or paired) guidelines
- Character Scrapbook Rubric
- Montage Production Culminating Performance directions: a creative, student-directed "Montage Production" of the play performed for the class including creation of a Prologue as well as a 32-second version (usually performed as slapstick) finale
- Montage Production Rubric
DISTANCE LEARNING COMPATIBLE!
You may also like:
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
➯ Be sure to follow me for alerts for new creative, analytical resources! ►CLICK HERE◄
➯ Don’t forget to leave feedback! You can earn TPT credits to use on future purchases!