Super fun project for your students to research Progressive Era muckrakers! Take file folders, refold them to resemble a mini tri-fold board, and have your student's creativity explode in your classroom! For the 8 "Must-Haves" listed below, the is a corresponding printable page for students to write/type their information and build their project! Check the preview for pictures and examples! Simple grading rubric included, as well as suggested muckrakers!
1. Title Page – include muckraker’s name, picture, your name
2. Muckraker definition
3. Early Life – 5 sentence minimum and 2 pictures
4. What field did they expose? What were the problems in that field? – 5 sentences and 2 pictures
5. What books/articles were written by your muckraker? Provide a picture and a quote from the book
6. What actions did your muckraker take to expose the issue? – 5 sentences
7. How did America change because of your muckraker? Were any new laws created? Explain them. 5 sentences
8. Find 2 quotes from other people about the significance of your muckraker. Under each quote, provide 2-3 sentences explaining whether or not you agree with the speaker of the quote.