Can your students become muckrakers, exposing the pressing problems and incredible change that occurred in the world of American work from the Industrial Revolution to the New Deal era? In this summative project, students will create an online newspaper that not only reveals what they know about important historical events and concepts, but also will test them on their attainment of key historical skills and creative writing ability.
Throughout the project students will be prompted to do the following:
1) Research a variety of historical topics from the Industrial Revolution to the New Deal using both source provided and credible sources they uncover on the internet.
2) Complete a rough draft of all written material before it is place on the online newspaper website.
3) Peer edit each other's written rough drafts.
4) Create the online newspaper with a small group of fellow classmates.
5) Turn in rough draft materials and URL to be graded on their OWN work.