This is a fabulous game that helps students practice their long vowel sounds. Perfect for a center activity!
• Print out pig word cards in color on card stock. laminate and cut out
• Print out games boards and game labels in color on computer paper.
o These will get pasted into the file folder (see pictures)
• Laminate file folder for durability
• Use Velcro for game board and pieces (optional)
• Make copies of worksheet
• Two students play
• Spread out pig cards face down on the table
• Players take turns picking a pig. They read the word on the pig and decide which mud puddle it belongs in.
• If you have an open mud puddle place the pig on it. If not put it back face down. Watch out for the Lose a Turn pig!
• The first person to fill all their mud puddles is the winner
• You can choose to have students fill out worksheet as they play. This can be used for grading and accountability purposes.