Students will learn about the different types of unicellular organisms, using a microscope to learn about their appearance and behavior.
- research different types of unicellular organisms
- illustrate and describe the main components of different unicellular organisms
- prepare and view a slide of active live bacteria cultures
- record observations of bacteria cells using a diagram
- research and list scientific names of the bacterium found in yogurt with active cultures
- research the human health benefits to consuming yogurt with active live cultures
- collect a sample of pond water
- prepare and view a slide of microorganisms in pond water sample
- record observations of microorganisms using a diagram
- research and identify common pond water microorganisms
- describe the role of microorganisms in the aquatic ecosystem
Suggestions for differentiation are also included so that all students can be successful in the learning environment.