Also included in
- This bundle includes 64 Math Challenge Task Cards (print or digital). Each task card has a different multi-step math story problem. Students will need to use all four operations as they solve the problems. There are also some cards that involve money, measurement, or elapsed time.A student Answer Sh$4.77$6.77Save $2.00
- This is a perfect bundle for building your students' understanding of solving 2-step (multi-step) word problems. It includes one of our math kits to help you introduce, teach, and assess the skill. The other resources in this bundle are great for practicing. What's included in this bundle?Represent$12.98$18.67Save $5.69
- Word Problems are tough, but with these 256 story problem task cards, your students will be able to practice addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in a super fun and engaging way! (My favorite is definitely the Snack Shack!)This bundle includes 7 resources:Multi-Step Word Problems Tas$20.71$25.89Save $5.18
Math story problems are a breeze with these 32 challenging math word problems including measurement, money, and elapsed time!
- 32 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Answer Keys
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Challenge Card to extend the lesson
- Multiple versions of the recording sheet included
Great for 4th or 5th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Multi-Step Word Problems Set 1
- Representing Word Problems Math Kit
- Two-Step Addition and Subtraction Word Problems Task Cards
This resource is also included in the following bundles:
This resource uses American English and is editable.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "Our curriculum doesn't offer enough multi-step story problem practice, so this resource has been the perfect thing to use with them. Even my stronger math students have been challenged." -Jennifer F.
✏️ "These are a great resource for such a hard concept. My students enjoy doing a few little cards a day. They prefer them to similar word problems written in their book... if they only knew they were practicing the same skills!! :)" -Megan B.
✏️ "Another fantastic product from Rachel Lynette. My students are in the habit of totally freezing up when the see a word problem so two step word problems have been especially difficult for them. I have added these cards to my centers and have presented them as a "math game" and my students have begun to take the time to read through the whole problem. Thanks!" -Natalie A.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
Several Common Core Standards that deal with basic computation are addressed in these cards, but the product is most aligned with this standard:
- 4.OA.3. - Solve multistep word problems posed with whole numbers and having whole-number answers using the four operations, including problems in which remainders must be interpreted. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
About the Author
These passages were written by me, Rachel Lynette. I am a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. I have written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. These passages reflect more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom