There are 10 multi-step word problems ranging in difficulty from medium to hard. They are geared to use multiplication and division.
I used these word problems for several separate math lessons for my third graders but easily could have made an entire week out of it.
1. I placed students into different math groups about 4-5 students.
2. Each student had to have a different color marker from a person in their group (and no yellow allowed).
3. I placed a butcher paper down for each group and gave them one word problem per group to solve. I printed them and laminated cards to reuse. Suggestion (you can also copy multiple of the same one for different groups).
4. Each member had to work on the problem and had to be able to explain how to do it.
5. For the final part: I did it two separate ways. One way, I had each group present one of the word problems to the class. The second way we went over each problem using the SMART board. (I used the answer cards given in this unit.).
My students love these and always ask for more.
Follow for more to come :).