Fall is Fabulous! This colorful interactive multi-syllabic word kit targets articulation, phonological awareness and intelligibility. The fall-themed pictures and game boards are also very appropriate for vocabulary lessons, describing activities and categorization practice. This kit is easily used with individual students, in small groups, in center activities and in whole class lessons. I hope you enjoy it!
*Instructions (including suggested ways to modify for different groups and students)
*42 multi-syllabic picture/word cards
*2 different game boards
*Syllable sorting mats
How can I use this product?
1) The word cards can be used individually for drill, instruction, assessment, etc.
2) The word cards can be used to play the board games. Use a spinner or dice, and have
the children say a word prior to each turn.
3) If desired, make a duplicate set of the word cards to play a memory/matching game.
4) Use your choice of pacing boards/strips as needed to assist your students in
segmenting the words into syllables.
5) Use the sorting mats to have students work in groups, or individually to sort word
cards by number of syllables.
6) Place word cards into a hat, basket or any container you have available. Have the
students draw one card at a time, say the word clearly and sort by syllable type. (This
is a fun way to incorporate this into a classroom circle time or small group activity.)
Kathy Babineau MS, CCC-SLP
⭐ Awesome resource! - Surviving in Second Grade
⭐ My kids loved using this! - Jennifer M.