• Colorful Sorting Cards for 11 Countries:
United States of America
• Each country has an example card for:
House or Building
2 - Cultural Objects (or an additional animal card)
Sorting Mats included can be used for:
• Individual Country Sort with specific clues
• Individual Country Sort with generic clues (Blue Titles)
• Topic Sorts (Red Titles) have every country’s name in a box, the sorting topic written in Red.
Example: Students sort all food cards, placing one each on the matching country’s name.
• Bonus Optional Cards for differentiation are houses without country flag, other assorted house choices, and maps of countries with and without labels – or use the labeled continent maps also provided.
• These Multicultural Sorting Mats can be used independently, with partners, small groups, centers, and as a modified Scoot (without the need for a score sheet). To use as a Scoot activity, set out all 11 country mats and randomly pass out all cards for students to sort.
Teacher Tip: Print colored sorting pages in color, laminate, and cut into individual cards. Print or copy same page in grayscale to use as an answer key. (To save ink, copy colored sorting pages using copy machine instead of a printer.) Print individual sorting mats and laminate or place in plastic sleeves for protection. You might want to prepare several sets of the same sort.
* When using an optional card, place selected card on the answer key in the spot you want and make a photocopy.
* After sorting, students can write a summary or comparison of what they learned